Frequently we see something that in fact is something else. Hamelí, a town full of rats. Where did they come from?
Some classics have the power to survive over time and still remain contemporary, like the Pied Piper of Hamelin. HAMELÍ is based on this classic tale and explains the misfortune of an idyllic village suddenly infested with rats. HAMELÍ is based on this classic tale and explains the misfortune of an idyllic village suddenly infested with rats. But the rats where always there, the villagers are not what they appeared to be.
This show won’t take place in the city of Igualada, but in the Centre Polivalent de Can Papasseit in Vilanova del Camí.
- Adaptation and dramaturgy: Ramon Molins
- Performers: Oriol Planes, Imma Juanos, Silvia Gimenez i Victor Polo
- Scenography and puppet design: Joan Pena and Oscar Ribes
- Scenography construction: Madefeinador, Sl
- Puppet construction: Madefeinador, Sl
- Sound and light design: Oriol Granell
- Music: Audionetwork
- Graphic design and photography: Cactusoup
- Direction: Ramon Molins
- Production: Xip Xap, Sl
- Thanks to: Teatre Escorxador de Lleida, La Casa De Los Títeres de Abizanda i Teatre Goya
About the company
Xip Xap was born in 1983 in Lleida, His main activity has been musical animation, street theatre, clowns and puppets, making shows where have participated two to twenty-five actors. It their 36 years has performed over 60 different shows and recorded three musical albums.