A show that will make us reflect on the world we live in
The big hedgehog lives peacefully in the shade of a large oak tree and looking after his own, while enjoying his neck of the woods. One day this peace will be disturbed by the arrival of a friendly, mischievous and playful squirrel. Their coexistence will not be easy.
We will discover a surly and protective hedgehog, and a squirrel eager to know and explore. Two very different characters but who have endless opportunities to learn and share together.
A proposal to reflect on difference and mixing.
- Authorship: Jokin Oregi and La Baldufa
- Direction: Jokin Oregi
- Music: Oscar Roig
- Lighting design: Miki Arbizu
- Set design: Carles Pijuan
- Costume design and dressmaking: Rosa Solé
- Set construction: Juan Manuel Recio, Ferran López, Xevi Planas and Carles Pijuan
- Performers: Carles Pijuan (hedgehog) and Emiliano Pardo (squirrel)
- Musician: Paul Elias
- Technician: Miki Arbizu
- Production: Enric Blasi, Emiliano Pardo and Amàlia Atmetlló
- Office: Isabel Mercé and Pilar Pàmpols
- Co-production: Festi'Mômes, Questembert Communaté and Leader France
About the company
La Baldufa was founded in Lleida in 1996 with the mission of creating shows ideologically committed to values such as solidarity, tolerance and respect; social, political and reflective theater.
They have toured state and international stages and have been awarded numerous prizes. In October 2020, the Ministerio de Cultura y Deporte of Spain awarded it the National Prize for Performing Arts for Children and Youth, for the "conception of the spectator of being capable, critical and reflective regardless of their age' and for their ability to create universes "of great visual poetic richness".